- The tracks are available instrument by instrument digital preferably as 48 kHz 24 bit or better.
- If the album is recorded in Cubase the files can be used directly (tracks with special plugins must be bounced separate). Otherwise the tracks shall be exported separately as mono or stereo from the same time/place with all the plugins as eq, compressor and so on. If you want to have special effects e.g. reverb / delay in other locations of the 5.1 mix effects must exported separately. Modulation as chorus / flanger may also be omitted and instead provide information on how much and how to be added; So, it will be made in surround and gives a better 5.1 mix.
- Drum tracks can be exported as stereo, but the more splited up they are, the better the 5.1 mix (tom-toms can be good to have for themselves and the snare & kick too)
- We may share an online directory (like dropbox or the like) or we can meet in Copenhagen with a hard drive with the tracks.
- You have all rights over the album or have made an agreement with other right-holders that a surround sound mix of the album can be made and sold afterward.
Along the way:
Choose from Quadrophonic/4.0, 4.1, 5.1 or 7.1 as the desired mix (5.1 is most common. 7.1 requires a lot of tracks to work out properly)
If desired, there can be made a contract that the tracks and the instrument files will not be shared or publicly in any way, but of course it wouldn’t in any case!!!
Receive Multichannel flac (in a shared folder) that you can listen to and evaluate or you can get past Hvidovre (Copenhagen) and hear the first few numbers in surround.
What are returned:
Multichannel flac or wav of each number or as a single file of the entire album in the quality because the tracks came in. Optionally, making a Bluray/DVD – ISO file for sale (so buyers can burn their own Bluray/DVD. DVD’s will be as an AVCHD – DVD for playback on bluray players).
This may be for sale as digital download on your website or https://surroundmusic.one/ (Surroundmusic will take €2 for each download. Most of that goes to fees for payment, money transfer and traffic of big files)
Is your album is released through a record company, you’ll have to make an agreement about how it can be put up for sale.
About Jan Printz:
Have worked with surround sound mix since 2011.
Grew up in the countryside and therefore, since the age of 10 spent much time listen to and analyze bands with great sound, like Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, ELP, Yes, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Manfred Mann, Supertramp, etc. Got the first big stereo as 15 years old. Good sound has always been in high demand and surround sound systems were procured in 2000. Since then is bought over 100 DVD / Blu-ray with surround sound. Began to create surround mix on System Audio speakers in 2011 after having helped to record, mix and produce CD of musical concerts and own bands and projects. Have after that followed Steve Wilson, Andy Jackson, James Guthrie & Jakko Jakszyk work to create magnificent surround mix and is very inspired by it.